Statistics About Engagement, Wedding and Honeymoon Events
Pollyana Ventura/Getty Images
Weddings, honeymoons, and tourism that is romantic big business—and the data prove it. Just just How that are big
Think about the following research data, facts and figures collected from many different industry sources: Engagement Statistics
- 99 per cent of grooms do the proposing.
- 16 % of proposals take place in December.
- The common US engagement lasts 15 months.
- The diamond that is average band is $6,163.
- Men’s engagement bands gained media that are worldwide after Ed Sheeran began putting on one in 2018. Queries were up 66% 12 months on year.
- 3 away from 4 partners reside together prior to getting hitched.
- 13% of engagements never result in a marriage.
Through the engagement duration, partners purchase:
- $4 billion in furniture
- $3 billion in housewares
- $400 million in tableware
- Every 12 months on average 2.4 million weddings are done when you look at the U.S.
- Today’s median age for
- 23 million
- One-third of these getting married have now been hitched formerly.
- An overall total of $72 billion is used on weddings yearly when you look at the U.S.
- Weddings represent a $50 billion industry that is annual. Continue reading